Press Helper - 2nd Shift
VARSITY SPIRIT, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE DRIVING FORCE IN SPIRIT ACROSS CHEER, DANCE AND BAND
For over 50 years, Varsity Spirit has been the leading global source for all things spirit, including cheerleading, dance team and performing arts. Focused on safety, entertainment and traditional school leadership, Varsity Spirit’s 5,000+ employees are dedicated to celebrating school spirit. A leader in apparel innovation, educational camps, clinics, and competitions, Varsity Spirit impacts more than a million athletes each year.
Position: Press Helper
Location: Edwardsville, KS
What we want you to accomplish:
- Successfully learn and demonstrate competency in the skills required to support package production within the first five days.
- Increase speed and proficiency of handling within the first 10 days.
- Demonstrate better than average attendance and performance.
- Record no unexcused absences in the first 90 days.
- Effectively assist the press operator and demonstrate a commitment to quality within the first 90 days.
- Provides various required paper stocks for Press operations.
- Properly loads and positions paper onto press.
- Lines out jobs, sorts, bends and positions plates in the order to be run.
- Properly loads plates in the Automatic Plate Hangers.
- Properly disposes of used plates into the recycle bins.
- Performs necessary maintenance functions such as cleaning, lubricating and preventative maintenance as scheduled and light repairs as needed upon the direction of the Press Operator.
- Assists Press Operator in troubleshooting and solving press errors.
- Schedules press workflow according to established department criteria.
- Assists in mounting blanket and cylinder washers.
- Observes all established procedures for safe chemical handling and storage. Abides by all standard safe operating procedures as outlined in the company training program.
- Responsible for the economical usage of materials and the care and safekeeping of tools and equipment.
- Ensures safe and efficient press operation.
- Ensures safe and proper handling of soiled press rags.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment at all times.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be capable of performing minor maintenance on machines.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.