Software Quality Assurance Analyst
VARSITY SPIRIT, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE DRIVING FORCE IN SPIRIT ACROSS CHEER, DANCE AND BAND
For over 50 years, Varsity Spirit has been the leading global source for all things spirit, including cheerleading, dance team and performing arts. Focused on safety, entertainment and traditional school leadership, Varsity Spirit’s 5,000+ employees are dedicated to celebrating school spirit. A leader in apparel innovation, educational camps, clinics, and competitions, Varsity Spirit impacts more than a million athletes each year.
What We’re Looking For
A dynamic and collaborative individual with a strong passion for software design and a drive to deliver high-quality solutions. A proven achiever who excels in implementing technological solutions and possesses a remarkable ability to accomplish tasks swiftly and efficiently. This position requires comfort in working within a technical team and alongside business counterparts to elevate the standard of our software initiatives.
As a remarkable Quality Assurance Analyst, you will play a crucial role in advocating for an exceptional user experience. Through effective collaboration with business teams, you will develop consistent methodologies and solutions that are embraced by users and have a positive impact on the organization as a whole. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring that we deliver not just features, but also products that meet the needs of our employees and customers.
You will actively utilize and implement modern techniques aligning with various practices such as continuous delivery, DevOps, and Micro Services Architecture to achieve these goals. You will not do this alone. You will partner with a team consisting of business analysts, project managers, software developers, DBAs, and business partners to deliver high quality software solutions.
1. Creates test cases and scripts to expose defects with software of high technical complexity developed by the software development group.
2. Communicates clearly in both written and verbal communications specific test results that provide actionable feedback to technical teams and management on testing result.
3. Proactively researches, learns, and applies new testing technology and methods to perform testing and other software quality activities.
4. Leads and mentors skilled professionals, both regular and contractor, engaged in software quality assurance testing practices, techniques, and tools.
5. Works with development managers to determine and disseminate quality standards and practices and ensure team members are following the standards and practices established.
6. Facilitate, articulate, and carry out management approved QA approaches for the Quality Plan and the Product Test Plan
7. Coordinate and facilitate test environments, testers, and developers among multiple projects during the testing phase(s).
8. Perform defect management to include inputting defects, updating status, determining severity, verifying fixes, and producing defect reports.
9. Perform regression testing and unit testing to verify correct operation of an upgraded application.
10. Prepare time estimates, communicate resource requirements, and provide timely progress reports to the program, project managers, and development teams.
11. Provide presentations on testing deliverables, milestones, and report on quality discrepancies.
12. Model and document test cases, using multiple methods such as Waterfall Modeling, and Agile Modeling.
13. Develop / draft manual and automated test scripts to support functional and non-functional testing.
14. Identify problems and recommend corrective actions.
15. Recommend processes for the monitoring and review of standards for consistency and goal definition.
16. Configure testing resources and tools to evaluate application functionality, integration, and performance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1. Maintains a customer focus.
2. Action oriented and works with a sense of urgency.
3. Deals effectively with ambiguity.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently.
6. Proven track record of delivering timely and accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
7. Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills, and sound judgment.
8. Strong business acumen and ability to interface with non-technical counterparts.
1. No direct supervisory responsibilities
2. Mentoring and training of other employees
Physical Demands and/or Work Environment
1. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some general office activities are required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, bending, standing, and walking as necessary.
2. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Overnight travel based on business needs, but generally less than 10%
Education, Certification and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or a closely related technical field is preferred.
· 5 years of QA experience is required with a bachelor’s degree in specified fields.
· 10 years of QA experience is required without a bachelor’s degree in specified fields.
· Experience should involve test methodology design and implementation, along with hands-on experience writing test plans, test cases, problem tracking/resolution, coordinating test activities among multiple testers, and maintaining defect logs among other applied skills and knowledge.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
· Experience in aligning QA Strategy with software development activities and overall schedule, while supporting the SDLC.
· Experience leading QA effort for a vendor-supplied solution, either COTS, or vendor developed, on-site or in the cloud.
· Proficient in executing the test and validation activities of a large, complex project.
· Advanced knowledge on the design and implementation of QA and testing methodologies in large complex systems using various development methodologies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.