Screen Print Supervisor-2nd
BSN SPORTS, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE RECOGNIZED LEADER IN TEAM ATHLETIC GEAR
For over 50 years, BSN SPORTS has been the largest team sporting goods equipment and apparel distributor of choice in the United States. Our 3,000 BSN SPORTS employees strive to support the Heart of the Game by putting valuable time back into the day of coaches and administrators through excellent service platforms. Our company mission is simple: Save coaches and administrators time with everything they do off the field so they have more time to impact young lives on it.
Job Title: Supervisor - Production
YOU’LL BE OUR VALUES IN ACTION:
The BSN SPORTS team is looking for a team oriented, high-energy 2nd Shift Supervisor- Production in Grand Prairie, TX.
Hours are from 3:00 PM-11:30 PM + OT M-F, with occasional weekends during peak operations (August-December).
As a member of the Production team, the Supervisor - Production is a key leadership role and is responsible for providing a safe environment, developing and coaching all team members, and collaborating with teams across the organization to achieve KPIs that result in outstanding service to our coaches and student athletes. Supervisor - Production will be responsible for producing results in assigned area and shift. Supervisor-Production will lead approximately 20-35 team members in the (screenprint, embroidery, digital fusion, sidelines) area in creating high quality garments for on time delivery.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Professional written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Solution oriented and change management minded
- Commitment to a continuous improvement environment
- Collaborate with peers for team and Operational success
- Computer literate with knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Flexibility to work varying shifts in support of the operation
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field and/or 2-5 years’ experience in production/manufacturing setting
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- LEAN/process/continuous improvement concepts and principles, including creating GEMBA metrics
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. Repetitive movement of the body is required on a regular basis. The position requires lifting of no less than 15-35 lbs. on a regular basis. Must be able to tolerate working in a non-climate-controlled environment.
OUR TEAM MEMBERS ENJOY
- Safety: A safe, clean, and energized working environment
- Growth: Develop and explore growth and promotional opportunities within BSN SPORTS and across our brands
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family.
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age, or disability.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.