All Star Sales Specialist - Georgia
VARSITY SPIRIT, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE DRIVING FORCE IN SPIRIT ACROSS CHEER, DANCE AND BAND
For over 50 years, Varsity Spirit has been the leading global source for all things spirit, including cheerleading, dance team and performing arts. Focused on safety, entertainment and traditional school leadership, Varsity Spirit’s 5,000+ employees are dedicated to celebrating school spirit. A leader in apparel innovation, educational camps, clinics, and competitions, Varsity Spirit impacts more than a million athletes each year.
Location Details: Hybrid
Varsity Spirit is looking for an All-Star Sales Specialist in the Georgia region. The ideal All-Star Sales Specialist is self-motivated, goal-driven and detail-oriented.
- Generate sales of Varsity products to existing and target customers utilizing a variety of sales techniques
- Assist customers in your territory with all things Varsity
- Develop relationships and understand the needs of customers in your territory
- Become an industry expert for your territory
- Guide customers through the design and order process to completion
- Monitor competitors in your territory maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of their product offerings and selling points
- Coordinate with the Varsity All Star event division to support their sales efforts in your territory and to promote Varsity All Star
- Implement sales calls, customer visits, consultations, and other effective sales techniques to secure the business
- Conduct consultations, design sessions, and sizing appointments
- Meet predetermined performance measurements/sales goals
- Submit appropriate and complete paperwork, e.g. revisions, payment forms, expense reports, VID requests and rush requests
- Communicate production timelines and delivery dates to customer
- Perform administrative and customer service duties as deemed necessary, e.g. payment collection, order sorting, and return/remake facilitation
- Develop and implement strategy for converting target accounts to new business
- Provide regular updates to direct manager on progress with target accounts and sales forecasts
- Utilize a variety of sales techniques to increase territory sales
- Complete training as assigned to stay current on products, processes and technology
- Identify new trends in the industry and relay to your manager
- Monitor and utilize company produced reports, e.g. CSH, PBR, and Aged Receivables to identify opportunities, maintain “clean” accounts, and maximize sales
- Make your availability to customers known by returning all phone calls and emails in a timely fashion, typically within 24 business hours.
- Develop action plan with direct manager to resolve customer satisfaction issues and retain at risk customers
- Participate in sales conference calls, webinars, meetings and yearly sales trainings
- Attend Varsity Events a (Typically during the months of October – April)
- Generate and communicate sales leads to the event sales team
- Coordinate team approach with event Advisor when deemed appropriate
- Meet all deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree 1-3 years prior sales experience
- Knowledge and background in cheer/dance industry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Suite and ability to grasp new technology and applications
- Above all, must exemplify core values of the company:
- Service: Lead with heart. We champion community.
- Passion: We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
- Integrity: We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
- Respect: We earn it by giving it, because everyone deserves it.
- Innovation: We never stop thriving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
- Transparency: We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.