Business Development Representative - Des Plaines, IL
BSN SPORTS, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE RECOGNIZED LEADER IN TEAM ATHLETIC GEAR
For over 50 years, BSN SPORTS has been the largest team sporting goods equipment and apparel distributor of choice in the United States. Our 3,000 BSN SPORTS employees strive to support the Heart of the Game by putting valuable time back into the day of coaches and administrators through excellent service platforms. Our company mission is simple: Save coaches and administrators time with everything they do off the field so they have more time to impact young lives on it.
Job Location: Des Plaines, IL (Remote outside sales but must currently reside in the location full time).
BSN Sports is seeking Business Development Professionals to lead our market expansion in team sports apparel and equipment with high value Schools, Clubs, Organizations, Associations and Teams. Specific responsibilities include outside sales both independently and collaboratively across the BSN Sales Force. This includes meeting with Coaches, Organization Owners and Directors so prospects fully understand the BSN Sports value proposition and its platform capabilities related to both hard/soft goods, equipment, along with customized and non-customized apparel.
- Engage, discover customer problems, and build value with leaders of strategic athletic sports organizations that would benefit from our solution-based suite of products and services.
- Build strong relationships with key decision makers for new account transitions to the BSN Sports platform.
- Make presentations on BSN Sports' unique solutions and product offerings to potential customers.
- Work closely with senior management to execute and obtain customers to exceed sales plans.
- Update and provide ongoing input into our CRM regarding pipeline status of new customers, achievement against plan, win/loss ratio, and other essential business information.
- Provide intelligence on current marketplace, competitors' offerings, and contract status to more effectively address potential customer expectations and to overcome objections.
- Assists leadership with the development and implementation of sales plans, market opportunities, and special projects.
- Develop and qualify leads within respective territory to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling and lead generation campaigns.
- Ability to turn digital marketing leads into sales opportunities.
- Utilize data-driven business intelligence for prospects to identify new trends and opportunities.
- After converting prospects, ensure a smooth transition to the different sales team members in order to move on to new high value opportunities.
- Hunter sales mentality - goal driven and not afraid of No! Self-motivated by sales with experience developing and delivering sales presentations to new customers.
- Familiarity with a variety of sales techniques, practices, and procedures along with ability to work in a fast-paced, highly visible and dynamic environment on their own and with a team.
- Critical thinking and the ability to identify insights that lead the organization to better understanding of opportunities and risks along with exceptional influencing skills are key.
- Must be able to work cross functionally and manage/prioritize multiple targets while producing results.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, both written and verbal, with experience selling to individuals and groups
- Desire to influence decision makers to buy from you with proven sales performance.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external team members to develop strategies that meet goals and established timelines.
- Experience negotiating and implementing customer contracts in long-term sales cycles.
- Ability to travel 70% or more in assigned territory to meet with prospects and customers.
- Must have and maintain a reliable vehicle, valid driver's license, auto insurance and a satisfactory driving record.
Nice to have:
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a direct sales role or related field, such as business to business (B2B) outside sales experience (preferably in sporting goods) OR coaching/sports-related background.
- Bachelor’s year degree or its equivalent.
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM and using an iPad.
- Experience with SAP helpful.
- Demonstrated local community involvement.
Our Business Development Reps enjoy:
- Fulfilling work that presents new challenges and exciting opportunities every day of the week.
- Base salary plus uncapped bonus incentive opportunity -- anticipated target income of $80K+.
- Flexible Schedule
- Discounts on personal apparel and equipment.
- Comprehensive sales training program and Professional development assistance.
- iPad for business.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.