Regional Sales Manager
VARSITY SPIRIT, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE DRIVING FORCE IN SPIRIT ACROSS CHEER, DANCE AND BAND
For over 50 years, Varsity Spirit has been the leading global source for all things spirit, including cheerleading, dance team and performing arts. Focused on safety, entertainment and traditional school leadership, Varsity Spirit’s 5,000+ employees are dedicated to celebrating school spirit. A leader in apparel innovation, educational camps, clinics, and competitions, Varsity Spirit impacts more than a million athletes each year.
Varsity Spirit - Stanbury Uniforms is looking for a Regional Sales Manager to join the team! The Regional Sales Manager will solicit orders for all lines of products in the assigned territory by conducting face-to-face, virtual, digital and phone interactions with both potential and existing customers. In addition, they will offer the best possible customer experience by providing hands-on explanations of all products.
Cover assigned territory by:
- Promoting of all product lines to maximize sales in the assigned territory.
- Meeting established sales goals.
- Providing reasonable assistance to company in promotional activities in the territory such as trade shows, product presentations, sales calls and other activities as needed.
- Driving accessory and e-commerce accessory sales.
Support product purchasers by:
- Providing after sale support to as reasonable to promote the products and goodwill of Stanbury Uniforms.
- Advising and serving customers to make sure they are purchasing the best products for their needs.
Serve as an ambassador of Stanbury Uniforms by:
- Traveling within sales territory to meet prospects and customers.
- Conducting calls and face-to-face meetings with customers.
- Making presentations to parent organizations.
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and repeat customers.
- Managing personal sales funnel.
- Maintaining records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts.
- Educating customers on how products or services can benefit them.
- Monitoring the company’s industry competitors, new products and market conditions to understand customer’s specific needs.
- Working closely with Field Sales Manager and Director of Sales to help build the brand.
- Attending trade shows, company sales meetings and other special events as needed.
- Communication Skills
- Organization Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Negotiating Skills and Persuasiveness
- Detail Oriented
- High school diploma or GED
- College/University undergraduate degree preferred but not required.
- Experience in field sales and/or sales leadership in high school music/performing arts.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Pipedrive and/or SalesForce – working knowledge or willingness to learn
- Photoshop and Illustrator – working knowledge or willingness to learn
- Constant Contact – working knowledge or willingness to learn
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- This job operates in a hybrid between a home office environment and in school, community, and event environments.
- Ability to travel throughout the Region as well as National meetings/events is required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing at a desk and walking, lifting, bending, kneeling may occur.
- Travel is primarily local and regional during the business day, although additional out-of-the-area and overnight travel should be expected.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.