BSN SPORTS, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE RECOGNIZED LEADER IN TEAM ATHLETIC GEAR
For over 50 years, BSN SPORTS has been the largest team sporting goods equipment and apparel distributor of choice in the United States. Our 3,000 BSN SPORTS employees strive to support the Heart of the Game by putting valuable time back into the day of coaches and administrators through excellent service platforms. Our company mission is simple: Save coaches and administrators time with everything they do off the field so they have more time to impact young lives on it.
LOCATION DETAILS: Dallas-Fort Worth, TX (would be on-site 3 times per week in Farmers Branch, TX).
BSN SPORTS is hiring a Bid Specialist to join our team and serve on the front line in one of the most dynamic industries in the world: sports. The Bidder Specialist will be responsible for the ebb and flow of all facets of bidding done within a given day. The constant flow of communication between vendors and contracts regarding price, product numbers, purchase orders, and alternatives is an essential part of the job.
- Analyze, evaluate, research, review, and administer sealed bids and quotations.
- Determine a contracted competitive pricing based on company policies and educated knowledge.
- Sign, notarize, and administer legal company documents.
- Use Excel spreadsheets, and various E-procurement programs to facilitate the bid function.
- Research competitive catalogs, products and historical pricing strategies.
- Monitor bid sales fluctuations both monthly and yearly.
- Ability to process bid orders for order entry.
- Through telephone calls --maintain customer loyalty and bid integrity.
- Work with new technologies in regard to the internet/bidding.
- Administer internet bidding.
- Assign and validate analysis of trends and product shifts.
- Personal responsibility for bid/quote accuracy and integrity.
- Supervise and initiate company bid policies.
- Work closely with purchasing on NSP'S and the creation of a new products scope and depth.
- Advise, evaluate, and administer bid system modifications.
- Ability to meet scheduled responsibilities and is self-motivated.
- Familiarity with regional and national bid practices and procedures.
- SAP efficient
- Computer literate
- Extensive product knowledge of sporting goods
- Highly motivated, focused, and able to work under various stressful conditions.
- Exceptional analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to assess the company's risk regarding legal documents.
- Ability to understand bid calendar and bid re-cap system.
- Great time management skills.
- Great phone etiquette.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.