Camp Partnership Specialist, Camps
VARSITY SPIRIT, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE DRIVING FORCE IN SPIRIT ACROSS CHEER, DANCE AND BAND
For over 50 years, Varsity Spirit has been the leading global source for all things spirit, including cheerleading, dance team and performing arts. Focused on safety, entertainment and traditional school leadership, Varsity Spirit’s 5,000+ employees are dedicated to celebrating school spirit. A leader in apparel innovation, educational camps, clinics, and competitions, Varsity Spirit impacts more than a million athletes each year.
Opportunity: Camp Partnership Specialist, Camps
As a Camp Partnership Specialist, you will be a liaison between our Account Managers and our camp partners, internal sales, and operations teams. To succeed in this position, candidates should have exceptional communication, computer, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills. You should be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized with the ability to build rapport with clients.
How you Succeed:
- Learn the ins and outs of our organization and become a subject matter expert in hosting a successful summer camp.
- Communicate with the Camp Partnership Account Managers to ensure that all their needs are understood and addressed.
- Meticulously update event management systems (i.e., Salesforce) with camp logistical details to ensure internal and external customers receive accurate information prior to camps.
- Be detail-oriented in all that you do and able to meet daily and weekly deadlines.
- Assist the Operations teams in executing and improving processes in support of our organizational goals.
- Be proactive in anticipating issues that may arise based on feedback from our camp locations, sales, and camp customers.
- Be ready to step in and assist other departments when needed, teamwork!
- Multi-task between various inquiries and systems in a challenging environment
- Preparation of event forms and rooming lists.
- Communicate with and provide information to camp hosts by deadlines.
- Communicate with and provide information to internal stakeholders, such as Sales and Operations teams.
- Data entry
- Other tasks as needed to support the operations of camps/events.
- Assist VP, Operations and VP, Event Procurement, Planning and Partnerships with various projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- You want a career with Varsity and are enthusiastic about continuous development!
- Knowledge of cheerleading and/or dance industry, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills
- You can hold a conversation at a party, explain how a smartphone works to grandparents, and know the difference between “your” and “you’re” – that is, Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- You have above-average willpower and determination; self-discipline is required.
- Enthusiasm and Positive energy are an absolute must. Team culture is built on the attitude of every member.
- Salesforce Experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Travel: Minimal travel will required to attend camp location site visits and meetings as required for the role.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.