Sr Data Analyst, Digital Marketing
BSN SPORTS, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE RECOGNIZED LEADER IN TEAM ATHLETIC GEAR
For over 50 years, BSN SPORTS has been the largest team sporting goods equipment and apparel distributor of choice in the United States. Our 3,000 BSN SPORTS employees strive to support the Heart of the Game by putting valuable time back into the day of coaches and administrators through excellent service platforms. Our company mission is simple: Save coaches and administrators time with everything they do off the field so they have more time to impact young lives on it.
DIGITAL MARKETING – SR. DATA ANALYST
Join us as our Senior Marketing Data Analyst and be the catalyst for transforming our digital marketing strategy. You'll be at the forefront of designing data-driven models and processes that ensure we reach the right people in the right way, fueling our qualified pipeline and revenue growth while reducing acquisition costs.
You'll dive deep into the data to help us answer questions at the heart of our demand generation and e-commerce strategies: How do different audience segments interact with BSN SPORTS? Which marketing channels are the most effective, what impact do our marketing campaigns have, and how can we optimize them?
You will be a thought partner for responsible growth initiatives, using advanced data skills to help marketing teams move away from opinion and toward data-informed, insight-led decisions.
- Should possess expertise working in an analytical-type role, interpreting, manipulating, and transforming data.
- Should possess the ability to interpret insights from often complex and disparate business results into a cohesive and actionable business recommendation. These results are often derived across: primary site and lead metrics, sales data, market research, third-party syndicated data, and secondary marketing/media performance data.
- Should possess strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills to help business partners find adequate solutions to their questions.
- Should be self-driven, able to effectively work on projects independently, possess the ability to display good independent judgement and use strong time-management skills to meet project deadlines.
- Ensure marketing and sales data is regularly updated and analyze data to bring out key insights.
- Using and promoting data-exploration techniques to discover new or unasked questions.
- Transform data into a digestible and presentable story based on the audience and confidently and effectively communicate that information with a wide range of audiences.
- Develop deep expertise in our marketing data ecosystem, marketing metrics, data, and processes (e.g., website, CRM, paid media, marketing automation systems)
- Identify gaps in data that prevent us from effectively generating demand across buying groups and pipeline.
- Support the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for marketing leadership.
- Determine, design, and implement automated reports and dashboards to help us understand the effectiveness of our global demand generation efforts while also focusing on improving marketing KPIs such as ROMI.
- Help prepare presentations that summarize key insights tailored to specific marketing and sales audiences.
- Evaluate ongoing marketing performance against marketing targets.
- Report and analyze demand generation and e-commerce performance by campaign source, developing key metrics and goals across our revenue lifecycle to understand quality, conversion rates, and velocity.
- Identify areas of underperformance in the revenue lifecycle and share insights and action plans with key stakeholders
- Collaborate and build credibility with marketing and sales teams, staying up to date on new initiatives and working to understand their data and reporting needs while managing expectations and providing guidance on best practices.
- Facilitate self-serve reporting and formulate roadmaps to prioritize projects; this includes development of content and enablement.
- Collaborate with the immediate and broader marketing team to help provide holistic actionable insights.
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles and/or responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Bachelors in a quantitative discipline or similar experience
- Demonstrated experience with multi-touch attribution and AB Testing.
- Expertise with CRM platforms, data warehouses, and leading BI analytics tools like Tableau. Ability to learn other tools and evaluate tools for suitability of implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in BI data architecture, including ETL and APIs, and DW concepts.
- Strong graphics and visualization. Ability to convey messages simply and advise on best possible graphics visualizations.
- Familiarity with statistics and probability
- Background in data science helpful but not required.
- Independently exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies. Selects methods and techniques of obtaining solutions to problems of relatively routine to diverse scope and moderate to high complexity.
Experience using SQL/Python and/or R
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.