Senior SAP PP Functional Analyst
BSN SPORTS, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE RECOGNIZED LEADER IN TEAM ATHLETIC GEAR
For over 50 years, BSN SPORTS has been the largest team sporting goods equipment and apparel distributor of choice in the United States. Our 3,000 BSN SPORTS employees strive to support the Heart of the Game by putting valuable time back into the day of coaches and administrators through excellent service platforms. Our company mission is simple: Save coaches and administrators time with everything they do off the field so they have more time to impact young lives on it.
BSN Sports - The Heart of the Game
BSN SPORTS was founded in 1972 and is the leader in providing sporting goods equipment and apparel to athletic teams in the United States under iconic brands such as NIKE, Under Armour, New Balance, and many others. However, we are more than just a supplier of team athletic products. At BSN SPORTS we believe that sports have the power to change lives. The heartbeat of all sports are the coaches, teachers, and mentors who work with these student-athletes to build meaningful lifelong experiences. That is why we focus on making the lives of our customers easier and saving them time - so that they can focus their efforts on changing lives. If you love serving others and giving back to your community, then BSN SPORTS is for you!
BSN SPORTS is currently seeking a Senior SAP PP Functional Analyst to join our growing team at our Farmers Branch, TX headquarters.
The Senior SAP PP Functional Analyst will be called upon to build relationships with functional users in order to gather and help refine requirements, perform analysis of requirements to determine the best solution for the user, create functional specifications and programming specifications, communicate specifications to programmers, design and create test scripts, support business owner acceptance testing, plan and coordinate go-live and post go-live activities. Additionally, the candidate will support end users and business owners by handling questions, requests, and troubleshooting potential problems. This position requires close partnering with all business functions and the IT organization.
The Senior SAP PP Functional Analyst will report to the Sr. Director SAP Custom Apps and will support operations by ensuring the highest level of data integrity, governance, and service to internal customers.
- Creates strategy and execution plans to achieve PP related requirements
- Support PP and other related PP Master data
- Assesses and determines tools, resources, and system requirements to execute all related functions
- Partners with functional leaders to gather requirements
- Create functional specifications and programming specifications
- Communicate specifications to programmers
- Design and create test scripts
- Support business owner acceptance testing
- Plan and coordinate go-live and post go-live activities
- Collaborates closely with business stakeholders of all levels in support of existing applications
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Leadership: Ability to lead meetings with business owners and lead technical personnel across the IT organization
- Business Acumen: Superior analysis and problem-solving skills
- Customer Focus: Has a strong, outgoing personality and a passion for working with business owners; proven ability to build strong internal / external customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions; uses customer insights and best practices to drive transformation and lead the development of improvements
- Communication: Excellent communications, follow up, and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including confidence and presence to engage effectively with senior executives. Must be able to strategically and succinctly articulate messaging
- Collaboration: Able to work cross functionally throughout the organization and build strong partnerships to meet shared objectives
- Organization: Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables with competing priorities on tight deadlines; must have meticulous, focused attention to detail
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments; promotes a sense of urgency and establishes and enforces individual accountability
- Decision Quality: Able to make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Strategic / Tactical Agility: Strong leader who can work with multiple stakeholders, develop, and execute information strategy while being able to manage day-to-day tactical activities to ensure commitments are delivered and processes are improved
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm; proven performance demonstrating a tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations and is exceptional at recognizing and seizing opportunities; must be intellectually curious and willing to evaluate and quickly learn new technologies
Education, Certification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Sciences, Information Technology, Supply Chain, or relevant experience
- Minimum of (5) five years of progressive work experience on the SAP platform; focused experience in the PP analyst role is preferred
- Knowledge of programming and/or debugging skills are preferred
- Intermediate / advanced Microsoft Office product experience (e.g., MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS SharePoint, MS Teams, and MS Outlook)
Travel is required, out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.