Field Sales Pro - Bangor, ME
BSN SPORTS, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE RECOGNIZED LEADER IN TEAM ATHLETIC GEAR
For over 50 years, BSN SPORTS has been the largest team sporting goods equipment and apparel distributor of choice in the United States. Our 3,000 BSN SPORTS employees strive to support the Heart of the Game by putting valuable time back into the day of coaches and administrators through excellent service platforms. Our company mission is simple: Save coaches and administrators time with everything they do off the field so they have more time to impact young lives on it.
Job Location: Bangor, ME 04401; Lincoln, ME 04457; Greenville, ME 04441 (Remote Outside sales but must currently reside in the location full time.)
BSN Sports is looking for a Field Sales Pro in Bangor, ME. A Field Sales Pro is responsible for optimizing the full cycle sales in your assigned territory and servicing our customers.
- Provide best in class, consultative customer service to coaches across an assigned territory and do everything humanly possible to make their lives easier.
- Generate revenue and meet sales/growth targets.
- Develop and qualify leads within respective territory to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling and lead generation campaigns.
- Increase sales in existing accounts by selling to all sports at all levels. In our world, the women's soccer coach deserves the same level of service as the head football coach...
- Utilize data-driven business intelligence on prospects to identify new trends and opportunities.
- Manage your account list and travel on location within your assigned territory.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office -- including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proficiency with using an iPad.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, must be able to effectively communicate with external and internal customers.
- Must have and maintain a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
Nice to Have
- 3+ years' business-to-business (B2B) outside sales experience (preferably in sporting goods) OR coaching/sports-related background.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated local community involvement.
FIELD SALES PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Fulfilling work that presents new challenges and exciting opportunities every day of the week.
- Unlimited commission potential
- Flexible Schedule
- Comprehensive sales training program
- iPad for business use
- Discounts on personal apparel and equipment
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.