Screen Print Team Lead 1st Shift (Staging)
BSN SPORTS, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE RECOGNIZED LEADER IN TEAM ATHLETIC GEAR
For over 50 years, BSN SPORTS has been the largest team sporting goods equipment and apparel distributor of choice in the United States. Our 3,000 BSN SPORTS employees strive to support the Heart of the Game by putting valuable time back into the day of coaches and administrators through excellent service platforms. Our company mission is simple: Save coaches and administrators time with everything they do off the field so they have more time to impact young lives on it.
The BSN SPORTS Indianapolis Production/Warehouse team is looking for a Screen Print Team Lead in Indianapolis, IN for 1st shift, which is 6am – 2:30pm.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
As a member of the Production/Warehouse team, the Screen Print Team Lead is a critical role within our screen print operation and is responsible for executing productions schedules, ensuring quality product is produced and delivered, problem solving issues with orders, and supporting our production team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ON A DAILY BASIS:
- Work with Supervisor on achieving daily goals of safety, quality, delivery, and productivity
- Execute the daily schedule, including pre and postproduction needs
- Ensure orders are produced to highest quality standards and shipped in a timely manner
- Stage orders, perform quality control, and ship orders
- Inspect all product for accuracy of order specifications
- Support production team by ensuring they have what they need to be productive
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- High energy, great attitude, and aptitude for leadership
- Great attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- At least 2-3 years of continued work experience
- Ability to work in a structured and process-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Ability to work seasonal mandatory OT as needed and maintain excellent attendance
PEAK SEASON (July-December) REQUIREMENTS:
- Shift hours Monday through Friday; 4am-2:30pm / 3:00pm-1:30am / 8:30pm-7:00am
- Mandatory overtime which may include some Saturdays and Sundays.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- HS Diploma or GED (required)
- Previous warehouse experience is a bonus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a bonus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. Repetitive movement of the body is required on a regular basis. The position requires lifting of no less than 15-35 lbs. on a regular basis. Must be able to tolerate working in a non-climate-controlled environment.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.