Apparel Sales Representative - Central & Western New York
VARSITY SPIRIT, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE DRIVING FORCE IN SPIRIT ACROSS CHEER, DANCE AND BAND
For over 50 years, Varsity Spirit has been the leading global source for all things spirit, including cheerleading, dance team and performing arts. Focused on safety, entertainment and traditional school leadership, Varsity Spirit’s 5,000+ employees are dedicated to celebrating school spirit. A leader in apparel innovation, educational camps, clinics, and competitions, Varsity Spirit impacts more than a million athletes each year.
Location Details: Hybrid (Apparel Sales Representatives must be able to work in their territory about 3-5 days per week. Schedule varies depending on the season. This is a full-time position).
Compensation: The standard pay range for this role is between $35,000 - $40,000 plus the possibility of additional performance-based incentives.
Varsity Spirit is looking for an Apparel Sales Representative in the Western and Central New York region (counties in this region range from Chautauqua to Cayuga). An ideal Apparel Sales Representative is passionate about fashion, enjoys working one-on-one with customers and thrives in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Plan and prospect for territory sales
- Conduct consults and fittings with coaches and their athletes
- Provide honest and confident feedback about style and fit
- Seek fashion and product knowledge to build your expertise
- Build lasting relationships with customers
- Travel to appointments within the territory
- Excel in a work from home environment
- Recruit for summer camp brands
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business education or related field preferred
- Knowledge of cheer and dance industry preferred
- Able to generate leads, forecast your sales cycle, anticipate problems and create effective solutions, with an aspiration to meet and exceed sales goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to grasp new technology and understanding of Microsoft Suite
- Willingness to learn in-depth product construction, technicalities and pricing
- Cultivate an in-home office that is distraction-free
- Ensure reliable travel for regular face-to-face touch points
- Organization and follow through
TEAM PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Fulfilling work that presents new challenges and exciting opportunities every day of the week.
- Unlimited commission potential
- Samples, laptop, iPhone & hot spot (including service)
- Comprehensive sales training program
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.