HERFF JONES, A VARSITY BRANDS COMPANY - THE MOST TRUSTED NAME IN CELEBRATING STUDENT MILESTONES
For over 100 years, Herff Jones is the leading provider of graduation, class rings and jewelry, yearbooks, as well as motivation and recognition programs designed to inspire achievement and create memorable experiences for students. Focused on building long-term relationships through a nationwide network of over 2,000 employees and sales partners, the professionals at Herff Jones have been helping elevate the student experience throughout the lifelong journey of education.
Herff Jones, A Varsity Achievement Brand, is looking to hire an Industrial Electrician as a member of the Herff Jones Kansas City Yearbook team, the Industrial Electrician you will be responsible for performing various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of machinery, buildings, and equipment.
Position: Industrial Electrician
Location: Edwardsville, KS
What we want you to accomplish:
- You will exercise technical independence in determining work methods and procedures.
- You receive assignments either orally or through written instructions which may be accompanied by sketches or diagrams.
- Install electrical conduit, wiring, switching devices, controls, outlets, fixtures, motors, and other such equipment.
- Test, maintain and evaluate equipment performance using voltmeters, temperature sensors, or pressure gauges.
- Test and calibrate HVAC controls.
- Perform activities in construction such as welding, brazing, soldering, and plumbing.
- Check and repair pumps, fans, valves and motors.
- Repair minor equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot mechanical malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Perform general facility maintenance and housekeeping
What You Bring To The Table:
- Two year certificate from college or technical school; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Needs Electrical background with strong independent problem solving skills.
- Electrical certification or electrician license helpful.
- 2 years experience using voltmeters, temperature sensors, or pressure gauges with industrial machinery.
Required Shift Hours
7-8 months of the year, Shift hours are 6am-2pm
During Peak Spring season, required Shift hours are 3pm-11pm
ABOUT HERFF JONES
Indianapolis-based Herff Jones is the leading provider of graduation and educational products and services designed to inspire achievement and create memorable experiences for students. A division of Varsity Brands, Herff Jones’ products include class rings and jewelry, caps and gowns, yearbooks, diplomas and announcements as well as motivation and recognition programs. Focused on building long-term relationships through a nationwide network of over 2,000 employees and sales partners, the professionals at Herff Jones have been helping elevate the student experience throughout the lifelong journey of education for more than 99 years. For more information about Herff Jones or Varsity Brands, please visit www.herffjones.com or www.varsitybrands.com.
Herff Jones, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Herff Jones strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Service - We lead with heart. We champion community.
Passion - We love what we do. It fuels our purpose.
Integrity - We do what we promise. We own our actions and decisions.
Respect - We earn it by giving it. Because everyone deserves it.
Innovation - We never stop striving to be better. For ourselves and our community.
Transparency - We are committed to openness and honesty in everything we do.
We are committed to putting you and your families first. For benefits eligible roles, we offer a variety of choices and costs as well as program enhancements that align with our responsibility to elevate the employee experience. Some of our offerings include:
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits
- HSA Employer Contribution/ FSA Opportunities
- Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous My Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- St. Jude Partnership & Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Perks including discounts on personal apparel and equipment!
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.