Marketing Automation Manager
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Are you looking to play an important role on a winning team? Are you looking for more than “just a job,” but a place where you can truly thrive and have your daily contributions make a real difference in someone’s life? At Varsity Brands we’re a growing company where you can lend your skills and talents in support of a greater mission. In return, you get to work with great people on challenging assignments that will accelerate your professional growth.
Marketing Automation Specialist
Make an Impact:
As the Marketing Automation Specialist, you will be the system administrator for our email marketing automation system and manage the technical operations and analytics behind all email marketing campaigns. In this role, you will conduct research, compile and analyze data, and prepare reports and presentations of results.
A Day in the Life:
- Serve as system administrator for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Perform day-to-day email marketing activities including, scheduling, testing, and execution of one-time, recurring, triggered, and dynamic content-driven campaigns.
- Build filters for audience segmentation to ensure proper targeting
- Build email automations and journeys
- Measure and share results of marketing automation approaches, outcomes, and report KPIs
- Manage and build data infrastructure and synchronized data objects
- Maintain CAN-SPAM compliance and email communication preference
- Tracking and analyzing key performance metrics as they relate to email marketing
- Build and maintain dashboards for marketing data and statistics
- Assisting with setting up and managing email marketing tools and technologies
- Build and optimize automating systems to increase efficiency and improve processes
What you bring:
- Skilled in email marketing best practices, campaign management, and analysis
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and other marketing automation or ESP systems
- Experience with email and/or marketing automation software and integration with databases
- Familiar with Salesforce, and other CRM systems
- Excellent critical thinking and analytics skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact and communicate with all professional and leadership levels throughout the organization
- Experience with Power BI, and building Power BI Dashboards
- Experience with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Proficient with SQL and database design
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficient in Excel functions such as writing formulas and creating pivot tables
- Experience using software packages for analyzing large datasets.
- Running queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands and/or Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. Largely a sedentary role with some filing requiring the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing as necessary. Ability to sit or stand for long periods through meetings and while operating office equipment, PC’s, laptop, telephone will be required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected for events and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in email marketing and consumer messaging
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing marketing databases
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.