Field Sales Pro - Scranton, PA 18509
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Are you looking to play an important role on a winning team? Are you looking for more than “just a job,” but a place where you can truly thrive and have your daily contributions make a real difference in someone’s life? At Varsity Brands we’re a growing company where you can lend your skills and talents in support of a greater mission. In return, you get to work with great people on challenging assignments that will accelerate your professional growth.
BSN SPORTS is more than just a supplier of athletic equipment and apparel, anyone can sell that stuff. Our company mission is simple: Save coaches and administrators time with everything they do off the field so they have more time to impact young lives on it. Coaches have the ability to impact more lives in one year than most people do in a lifetime, and we don't take that for granted. Serving them is what drives our relentless desire to innovate in our industry and why we continue to grow so quickly.
We are looking for men and women who share our beliefs and passion for sport and the coaches who make it all happen. Want to make a big impact in your community? Be on the front lines with coaches and sports teams to provide more value than they could ever expect? Work with some of the biggest sports brands in the world? Do you appreciate what it means to give and receive incredible customer service and why that's so important? If so, choosing a career at BSN SPORTS might be the best decision you'll ever make.
Job Location: Scranton, PA 18509 (Outside sales on location)
- Provide best in class, consultative customer service to coaches across an assigned territory and do everything humanly possible to make their lives easier.
- Generate revenue and meet sales/growth targets
- Develop and qualify leads within respective territory to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling and lead generation campaigns
- Increase sales in existing accounts by selling to all sports at all levels. In our world, the women's soccer coach deserves the same level of service as the head football coach...
- Utilize data-driven business intelligence on prospects to identify new trends and opportunities.
- Manage your account list and travel on location within your assigned territory.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office -- including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proficiency with using an iPad
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must possess excellent problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, must be able to effectively communicate with external and internal customers.
- Must have and maintain a reliable vehicle, valid driver's license, auto insurance and a satisfactory driving record.
- 3+ years' business to business (B2B) outside sales experience (preferably in sporting goods) OR coaching/sports-related background
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated local community involvement
Our Field Sales Pros enjoy:
- Fulfilling work that presents new challenges and exciting opportunities every day of the week.
- Unlimited commission potential
- Flexible Schedule
- Discounts on personal apparel and equipment
- Comprehensive sales training program
- iPad for business use
- Annual Recognition Event
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance Packages
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
BSN SPORTS prides itself in its value system of heart, integrity, teamwork, and resourcefulness.
HEART: We will reach deeper and push further for every coach, every athletic director, every athlete, and every parent we encounter.
INTEGRITY: In an atmosphere of honesty and transparency, we come through on the promises we make to one another as well as those we make to our customers.
TEAMWORK: All of us -- everyone who works for BSN SPORTS in any capacity -- works closely together to help one another take full advantage of all opportunities.
RESOURCEFULNESS: We will provide our customers with the best and most Game Changing Solutions at all times, no matter what it takes.
Founded in 1972, we are the largest team sporting goods equipment and apparel distributor in the United States with over 2,000 employees across 80 regional offices. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, the company leverages its unparalleled scale, cutting edge technology and relationships with the best brands in the world such as Nike and Under Armour to service all aspects of the team sport equipment and apparel world.
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.