Screen Print Operator 1st shift
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Are you looking to play an important role on a winning team? Are you looking for more than “just a job,” but a place where you can truly thrive and have your daily contributions make a real difference in someone’s life? At Varsity Brands we’re a growing company where you can lend your skills and talents in support of a greater mission. In return, you get to work with great people on challenging assignments that will accelerate your professional growth.
The BSN SPORTS Indianapolis Production/Warehouse team is looking for a Screen Print Specialist in Indianapolis, IN.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
As a Screen Print Operator, this role is responsible for the general operation and maintenance of a press machine. The Press Operator responds to work orders, set up, operates, troubleshoots press and performs direct physical activity to complete work order in a timely manner while meeting the customer's quality specifications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ON A DAILY BASIS:
- Reviews work order, observes specifications and any special notes and prepares work area.
- Know or learn how to identify designs and numbers.
- Clean, lubricate and maintain the screen print machine making minor adjustments as needed to correct any issues.
- The screen print operator ensures that their machine is kept clean.
- Maintains the machine and work area during their shift and before shift end, including disposing all trash and plastic bags, cleaning ink spills, clean all used screens and squeegees by scrapping off excess ink and placing in the proper area.
- Utilize all personal protective equipment as required for personal safety and the safety of their peers.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Ability to multitask and organize/prioritize tasks as needed
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative to complete projects with minimal oversight
- Comfortable working and collaborating with other team members
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Ability to work seasonal mandatory OT as needed and maintain excellent attendance
- Ability to lift to 15 -35 lbs. in order to operate and maintain machines
PEAK SEASON (July-December) REQUIREMENTS:
- Shift hours Monday through Friday; 4am-2:30pm / 3:00pm-1:30am / 8:30pm-7:00am
- Mandatory overtime which may include some Saturdays and Sundays.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- HS Diploma or GED (required)
- Previous production experience is a bonus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a bonus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. Repetitive movement of the body is required on a regular basis. The position requires lifting of no less than 15-35 lbs. on a regular basis. This role will work in a climate-controlled environment.
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.