Embroidery Operator 2nd shift
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Are you looking to play an important role on a winning team? Are you looking for more than “just a job,” but a place where you can truly thrive and have your daily contributions make a real difference in someone’s life? At Varsity Brands we’re a growing company where you can lend your skills and talents in support of a greater mission. In return, you get to work with great people on challenging assignments that will accelerate your professional growth.
The BSN SPORTS Indianapolis Production/Warehouse team is looking for an Embroidery Specialist in Indianapolis, IN. for 2nd shift, which is from 3pm – 11:30pm.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
As a member of the Production/Warehouse team, our Embroidery Specialist are responsible for ensuring the embroidery process for all our products in our facility. You’ll handle gathering the designs, loading them into the machine, ensuring proper placement of design, hooping, and thread colors, and producing a quality finished product.
The person in this role will be pivotal in setting the pace for our embroidery process and ensuring we deliver product on time to our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ON A DAILY BASIS:
- Operate Tajima Electronic Automatic Embroidery Machinery – no previous experience on the machines needed to apply
- Work with area Supervisor and team leads on achieving daily goals of safety, quality, delivery, and productivity
- Execute the daily schedule, including pre-production and post-production needs
- Inspect all product for accuracy of order specifications
- Trouble shoot any issues with machines as needed
- Always keep a clean and safe work environment
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Ability to multitask and organize/prioritize tasks as needed
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative to complete projects with minimal oversight
- Comfortable working and collaborating with other team members
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Ability to work seasonal mandatory OT as needed and maintain excellent attendance
- Ability to lift to 15 -35 lbs. in order to operate and maintain machines
PEAK SEASON (July-December) REQUIREMENTS:
- Shift hours Monday through Friday; 4am-2:30pm / 3:00pm-1:30am / 8:30pm-7:00am
- Mandatory overtime which may include some Saturdays and Sundays.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Previous warehouse experience is a bonus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a bonus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. Repetitive movement of the body is required on a regular basis. The position requires lifting of no less than 15-35 lbs. on a regular basis. This role will work in a climate-controlled environment.
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.