Varsity Event Admin Specialist
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Are you looking to play an important role on a winning team? Are you looking for more than “just a job,” but a place where you can truly thrive and have your daily contributions make a real difference in someone’s life? At Varsity Brands we’re a growing company where you can lend your skills and talents in support of a greater mission. In return, you get to work with great people on challenging assignments that will accelerate your professional growth.
VARSITY SPIRIT: THE DRIVING FORCE IN SPIRIT ACROSS CHEER, DANCE AND BAND
Varsity Spirit is the leading global source for all things spirit, including cheerleading, dance team and performing arts. A leader in apparel innovation, educational camps, clinics, and competitions, Varsity Spirit impacts more than a million athletes each year. Focused on safety, entertainment and traditional school leadership, Varsity Spirit’s 5,000+ employees have been dedicated to celebrating school spirit through its brands since 1974. Our continued success relies on hiring extraordinary talent, with a passion for making a difference to help us elevate the student experience.
Varsity Event Administration has an immediate opening for the position of Program Specialist. This position is in Memphis with the possibility of being remote.
Standard work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM with an hour lunch. This position is based in Memphis, TN with the possibility of being remote.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and arranging for staff travel
- Scheduling staff for Varsity Spirit events
- Organizing and handling/processing applications and other personnel paperwork
- Filing and disbursement of paperwork and records
- Data entry
- Packaging and shipping of supplies and materials
- Overseeing equipment logistics for camps and competitions
- Reconciling expense reports and travel invoices
- Processing check requests and payroll
- Managing summer camp attendee insurance program
- General office management and other projects as deemed appropriate for the department
- Onsite event management
- LMS content creation and collaboration with other departments
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal/public relations skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel)
- Experience with the AS400, Workday, UKG, and Salesforce platforms
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Strong follow-through and attention to detail
- Previous experience with LMS
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Travel as needed and assigned by Program Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.