Supervisor, Scoring Experience
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Are you looking to play an important role on a winning team? Are you looking for more than “just a job,” but a place where you can truly thrive and have your daily contributions make a real difference in someone’s life? At Varsity Brands we’re a growing company where you can lend your skills and talents in support of a greater mission. In return, you get to work with great people on challenging assignments that will accelerate your professional growth.
VARSITY SPIRIT: THE DRIVING FORCE IN SPIRIT ACROSS CHEER, DANCE AND BAND
Varsity Spirit is the leading global source for all things spirit, including cheerleading, dance team and performing arts. A leader in apparel innovation, educational camps, clinics, and competitions, Varsity Spirit impacts more than a million athletes each year. Focused on safety, entertainment and traditional school leadership, Varsity Spirit’s 5,000+ employees have been dedicated to celebrating school spirit through its brands since 1974. Our continued success relies on hiring extraordinary talent, with a passion for making a difference to help us elevate the student experience.
The Scoring Experience Supervisor reports to the National Scoring Director. Event travel and attendance at staff meetings & trainings is required.
The Scoring Experience Supervisor is an important member of our Varsity All Star Scoring team, ultimately responsible for ensuring that the Varsity All Star Judges and customers have the training and support needed to perform their job. This will be done through the direct management of our Scoring Experience Specialists.
What you will do
- Oversee and manage the Educational Learning Management System for all Judges and internal Varsity employees
- Coordinate and manage the team responsible for creating judges training material
- Ensure Scoring Experience Specialists are following the operating procedures pertaining to the number of scoring staff allowed at events
- In a timely manner, push out appropriate training material needed for our judges, and internal staff
- Ensure monthly updates are provided throughout the season, to address issues with knowledge, interpretation, or trends by our judges and customers
- Work with Scoring Experience Specialists for consistent curriculum responses pre, during, and post event
- Work closely with the National Scoring Director to relay any necessary company and or scoring updates to Scoring Experience Specialists and provide National Scoring Director feedback from Scoring Experience Specialists
- Work directly with the Judge Operations Coordinator to disperse curriculum and educational content to all affected departments
- Create and manage additional and continued education for judges that have received a poor evaluation due to their knowledge of the United Scoring System
- Assist in creating a means of getting additional judges to join Varsity All Star and provide them with the education needed to be successful
- Perform the necessary position(s) at event to ensure a successful and consistent event
- Work closely with the National Scoring Director, Directors of All Star Experience, Scoring Experience Specialists and Judge Operations Specialists
- Assist with Judges Membership, specifically the promotion and workflow
- Mediating any necessary conversations between the Scoring Experience Specialists and customers when there are direct scoring issues
- Oversee the design and production of all scoring rubrics, promotional flyers, and supplemental documents for the current and upcoming season
- Participate on various committees and/or boards, to include but not limited to, the Varsity All Star Scoring Committee
- Oversee the consistency and success in scoring for all Grand Nationals and Super Nationals
Additional Job Functions:
- Assist Scoring Experience Specialists to staff key events
- Assist Scoring Experience Specialists provide End of Season Evaluations for Accuscore Judges
- Serve in a mid-level management and/or support role at events
- Provide leadership, and direction to the Scoring Experience team that drives customer experience and operational excellence to exceed division objectives
- Manage, motivate and retain Scoring Experience team
- Lead Hiring and Onboarding of Scoring Experience team in accordance with required compliance
- Management of team’s performance to consistently encourage retention, growth and productivity
- Collaborate with the National Director of Scoring to evaluate and conduct annual performance evaluations of team members
- Oversees and trains Scoring Experience team and onsite scoring roles at events
MUST be available to work some combination of in-person and/or virtually these MAJOR events, which include but not limited to the following:
“Select” World Bid Events (based on event participation)
JAMfest Cheer Super Nationals
U.S. Finals (based on event participation)
Summit (The Summit, D2 Summit & Youth Summit)
- Manage Scoring Experience Specialists.
Physical Demands and/or Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While not participating in an event this job operates in a professional office environment. Largely a sedentary role with some filing requiring the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. Ability to sit or stand for long periods through meetings and while operating office equipment, PC’s, laptop, telephone will be required.
- During events the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time (5 hours plus) is required. The ability to communicate with customers and colleagues using the following but not limited to radio, walkie talkie, text message and email is required. The ability to lift, bend, push, pull and manipulate equipment that is a minimum of 30 lbs. is required.
- Event travel and attendance at staff meetings & trainings is required. Event travel will include overnight stays for events.
Education, Certification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Experience in All-Star as a judge/official, gym owner, coach or similar for at least 5 years. Experience in direct management of individuals
The pay range for this position is between $46k - $65k depending on experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.