Sr Director - Corporate Partnerships (Memphis, TN)
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
**This position will be based in Memphis, Tennessee at our National Executive Office**
As the Sr. Director of Corporate Partnerships, you will:
- Implement the strategic plan and develop activities to advance organization goals, while communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the development, planning, and implementation of all activities for corporate partnerships who participate in cause marketing and sponsorship programs on a national and multi-regional level with revenue in excess of $40M.
- Lead and mentor a team of professionals who are responsible for capitalizing on the value of partnerships, cultivating strong corporate partners, and steering program development.
- Measure team’s progress and implementation of a strategic plan for each partner. Prepare employee appraisals, lead team meetings, and drive strategic objectives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on CSR, cause–related marketing practices including regulatory requirements (i.e., Better Business Bureau Standard 19), donor facing account management and program development and strategy of corporate partners.
- Ensure team collaboration and coordination across ALSAC and drive corporate partnership strategies that increase engagement and support locally and nationally.
- Communicate both internally and externally at multiple levels of the organizations with strong relational skills. Interface with executives at multi-billion-dollar companies. Communicate effectively utilizing digital and virtual resources as well as written, face-to-face and telephone conversations.
- Create, manage, and monitor budgets for the Partnerships team. Review monthly financials as well as verify that expenses and revenue are coded correctly. Work with team members to identify appropriate program costs associated with revenue for each partner.
- Lead the strategic initiatives and long-range plan efforts, to increase annual revenue for existing corporate partners. Actively participate in monthly projection meetings providing detail on variances.
- Speak comfortably to groups about St. Jude and partnership opportunities. Research and create presentations, marketing communication plans and structured agendas. Review national campaign elements, press releases, marketing collateral and other campaign resources. Direct the team and partners on how to utilize available resources to create an effective partnership.
- Represent the organization at high level corporate meetings.
- Establish and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. Operate within established budgetary parameters.
- Utilize strong problem-solving skills to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others in appropriate style; to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; to develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Work with team members to identify and present potential opportunities for funding through corporate partnerships and programs.
- Collaborate across ALSAC to drive corporate partnership initiatives and outcomes. Including identifying and pitching new business opportunities and maximizing partner relationships, overseeing team financials, actively participating in monthly projection meetings, and growing and developing team members to advance the organization.
- Manage proprietary St. Jude annual campaigns for partners who raise in excess of $250,000 in revenue. Drive revenue through innovative and donor centered cultivation and stewardship of corporations national in scope.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree or more than 8 years of experience in corporate partnerships, marketing, fundraising, or related fields.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles and fundraising.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Experience in advertising account services and corporate relations preferred.
- A working understanding of hospital activities, goals and knowledge of current medical research and advances.
- A willingness to travel extensively – 75% of the time.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.