Intern- University of Memphis Call Center
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
In partnership with The University of Memphis, we have an established call center on campus for students to engage, learn, and build valuable skills through an internship. We offer part-time paid internships (12-25 hours per week) each semester with flexible shifts.
- Location: On campus at our University of Memphis Call Center, 4075 Park Ave, Memphis TN 38111
- Duration: This is an ongoing internship
- Start Date: Monday, January 29, 2024
- Flexible Work Shifts: Monday through Friday, 10:00am - 2:00pm or 3:00 -7:00pm
Mandatory Training Schedule:
- Monday through Friday, 10:00am - 2:00pm or 3:00pm - 7:00pm for first week of internship.
- Must be able to fully commit to training period.
- Training is on site at University of Memphis Call Center, 4075 Park Ave, Memphis TN 38111
Training Dates: Monday, January 29, 2024 to Tuesday, February 6, 2024
- A passion for our mission!
- Responsible for providing support and communicating to individuals, businesses, and organizations on behalf of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in support of the mission of saving children’s lives.
- Requires ability to speak and write in English in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to listen and understand verbal/written instructions or information and accurately input data.
- Requires a degree of judgement; ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for communication with internal and external relationships.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be actively enrolled at The University of Memphis and must be at least 18 years of age.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.