Sr HR Business Partner (Memphis, TN)
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Are you passionate about creating a positive and engaging work environment for employees? Do you have a keen understanding of business strategy and how to align it with people management practices? Do you enjoy providing dynamic solutions, data-driven insights, and organizational agility to guide strategic decision-making? Apply today!
As a Sr. Employee Experience (EX) Consultant, you will be responsible for ensuring alignment between the business operations and Employee Experience objectives. You will act as a subject matter expert and a trusted partner for multiple levels of leadership and management, providing consulting and coaching on various aspects of employee relations, performance management, compensation, recruitment, learning and development, and project management. You will also deliver a comprehensive and consumer-driven people service, aligning both people management and organizational strategies.
The Sr. EX Consultant will:
- Act as an HR consultant, delivering insights and solutions to the leadership team to address business challenges.
- Partner with leaders to drive business growth and organizational effectiveness, execute on change management initiatives, and build organizational capability.
- Provide HR programmatic support, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of the organization.
- Strengthen leader effectiveness while partnering with other EX teams (e.g. Leadership & Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition, Culture, Equity & Belonging), to ensure managers are demonstrating our leadership competencies and modeling our values while developing and growing their employees.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Leverage data for senior leaders to support business decisions and track the impact of HR programs.
- Ensure consistent interpretation and administration of company policies and procedures, practices and principles relating to employee relations and risk management; counsel and advise management and recommend approaches to prevent and resolve problems.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following skills and qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification preferred, but not required.
6+ years of working experience in HR, with demonstrated success in recruitment, employee relations, operations, compensation, training and development, and managerial/leadership duties or responsibilities.
Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations.
Strong human resource and legal acumen, with the ability to conduct effective investigations, recommend actions, and mitigate risks.
Self-motivated and team-oriented, with the ability to participate effectively in a team environment and work well with a variety of others.
High attention to detail, proofreading accuracy, and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and HR systems.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.