Liaison - Data and Technology
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Responsible for both strategic and tactical technology management functions in support of the fundraising operations of the assigned area. Leads and supports software development initiatives that will enhance and extend applications currently in place or improve overall workplace automation and efficiency. Works both independently and in collaboration with end-users and program owners to analyze, define, and develop business processes and solutions, specify business requirements, query database tables and create reports for research and discovery efforts, document internal processes, lead process change initiatives, and provide advanced technology support and operational issue troubleshooting and resolution. Uses a high degree of autonomy, depth of technical knowledge, change management expertise, and relational skills to enable robust technology operations and promote in-depth understanding of core processes and standards essential to the fundraising and awareness strategies of the Relational vertical.
• Requires excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and tactfully deal with difficult situations
• Knowledge and experience in database mechanics, data management, and business requirements
• Prioritization, planning and performance execution skills as well as professional maturity and leadership skills
• Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Access, and Excel
• Basic experience in tools such as SQL or another database language and CRM solutions; intermediate experience with reporting tools such as Business Objects
• Basic project or change management and education/training skills
• Ability to work in an environment with rapidly changing technology; willingness to adapt to new software, technology, and techniques quickly
• Requires knowledge ordinarily acquired through a bachelor’s degree or 4 years of experience in program operations, technology support, change management, or process improvement
• Requires knowledge ordinarily acquired through 5 years of experience or a bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.