Sr Liaison - Economist
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Responsible for conducting research and analysis that contributes to COEA, DEM and Enterprise efforts to guide ALSAC strategy and business-related decisions utilizing donor, economic and nonprofit data and information. Oversees research projects requested by Finance, DEM and the Executive Leadership team that will require knowledge of macroeconomics, microeconomics, political/ policy and philanthropic trends, and helps present findings to both analytical and non-analytical staff at ALSAC. Works collaboratively on assigned projects with Donor Experience Management, Marketing and Finance teams. Works also on special research projects as assigned by the executive office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Primary point of contact for the donor experience team providing analytics guidance and support; meeting with them, understanding their requirements, and using your analytical mindset to research solutions ranging from process improvements to dashboards and support its implementation.
2. General responsibilities include providing decision support, reviewing business line strategy, and process development, data and business-driven analytics and performance management of ALSAC’s donor retention efforts
3. Prepares analysis, reports and presentations for the executive team regarding demographic trends in the donor base, marketplace, the nonprofit sector and the global economy, as well as the significant boundary conditions or “corner cases” and their associated implications (e.g., high-risk conditions). Explains complex economic problems and their consequences to both technical and general audiences.
4. Transform data into action by collaborating with a cross-functional group of Data Analysts, Business Leaders, Product Managers, and Researchers on data visualization, quantitative analysis, and data modeling initiatives.
5. Work with cross functional teams to develop and evaluate KPIs to drive high-level oversight of business initiatives and company health, while providing regular insights from the data.
6. Works with others in both highly numerical technical fields (statisticians, economists, programmers, database analysts, analytical strategists, financial and market analysts, etc.) and non-numerical fields (fundraising, creative design, marketing). Work in collaboration with high-level analysts in various divisions to design, track and analyze the results of research experiments. Make data-driven recommendations to uncover key information from donor segments including optimized effectiveness, revenue, target response rate or donor experience. Build and test stochastic models of donor behavior and build applications of those models for use by analysts in guiding fundraising execution.
7. Performs risk analysis based on historical trends and prospective opportunities, tests risk mitigation techniques via modeling to evaluate outcomes, and recommends alternatives to the relevant operating teams and executives. Requires use of a personal computer.
8. Serve as COEA lead on the Alatian committee for standardization of enterprise analytic terms.
- Master's Degree in a quantitative field is highly desired (e.g. Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering, Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Quantitative Marketing) required;
- PhD preferred.
- Requires 5+ years of experience in a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Business Analyst or similar role.
- Experience as a “data generalist” highly preferred.
- The best candidates have some experience with data visualization; analytics/data engineering and data modeling; and statistical modeling and other quantitative analytical methods.
- Next-level communication skills to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions.
- SQL fluency with experience using a scripting language like Python or R.
- Strong Excel fundamentals a plus.
- Exceptional candidates will possess foundational data engineering skills.
- Experience with evaluating survey data results and familiarity with non-parametric data set evaluation a plus.
- Experience applying advanced analytic disciplines to financial, consumer audience/user experience, and product-level modeling, forecasting, marketing, etc.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.