Analyst I - Investments
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
The Investment Analyst is actively involved in all aspects of portfolio management, and investment and manager research. The position will have a generalist focus with the opportunity to gain experience into specialized areas longer-term. All team members are exposed to every asset class within the portfolio. S/he will monitor existing investments and evaluate potential new investments along with regular special projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Work collaboratively with the team to generate attractive long-term real returns while adhering to the risk profile of ALSAC.
2. Monitor and evaluate existing managers, including conducting regular due diligence meetings, and quantitative analysis of returns, holdings, geographies, and sectors. Maintain comprehensive documentation on all managers.
3. Develop and maintain asset class models and databases.
4. Coordinate with external consultants and the Investment Department to originate, research, and due diligence new investment managers. Lead due diligence report creation for internal and external consumption. Maintain a list of prospective investments.
5. Implement and oversee the quantitative and qualitative analyses of investment opportunities, including financial modeling, industry and company analysis, manager benchmarking, and returns analyses.
6. Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for Investment Committee meetings.
7. Help recruit, train, retain, and mentor junior investment analysts and interns.
8. Lead research and writing of detailed annual Investment Department reports.
9. Monitor third-party data entry and management of cash flows and investment manager reporting.
Excellent analytical capabilities and demonstrated intellectual curiosity.
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, strong knowledge of the rest of Microsoft Office, and experience with financial databases.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
High attention to detail, comfortable working independently and as part of a small team within tight timeframes.
Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
Bachelor’s degree with relevant school or intern experiences within investments, securities, and/or finance industries.
Demonstrated interest in working as an asset allocator.
Preferred: Specialized knowledge and experience in a sector (e.g., technology) and/or geography (e.g., China). Familiarity with investment software, including Bloomberg, Tamale, Zephyr, Private I, and/or Caissa. MBA and or progress towards CFA, CAIA.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.