St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Are you a detail-oriented, skilled accountant with a passion for precision? We're seeking a Staff Accountant to play a crucial role in maintaining the financial health of our organization. As a Staff Accountant at ALSAC/St Jude, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to our month and year-end closing processes and make a significant impact. Join us in a vibrant work environment where your talent and expertise will be valued and nurtured.
1. Masterful Reconciliation: Prepare and meticulously maintain monthly reconciliations of designated portions of our general ledger accounts. Your analytical skills will ensure compliance with GAAP while preparing these reconciliations to meet year-end audit requirements.
2. Accounting Excellence: Utilize your keen concentration and technical accounting knowledge to excel in monthly closeout activities. This includes preparing and entering journal entries and reclassifying transactions as needed, all while utilizing modern technology.
3. Budget Collaboration: Collaborate with our accounting leadership on various budget responsibilities as assigned. Your insights will help us make informed financial decisions.
4. Audit Preparation: Contribute to the preparation of work papers for our annual audit, showcasing your commitment to accuracy and precision.
5. Adaptability: Be ready to step up and fill the shoes of any vacant position in the Accounting Department when assigned by the accounting leadership. Your versatility is a valuable asset.
6. Process Improvement: Embrace a culture of continuous improvement. Review and analyze existing fiscal procedures and offer recommendations for enhancements or the implementation of new procedures. Your input matters in maintaining our internal controls.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of previous accounting experience is essential.
- Proficiency in Windows OS, Excel, and Word is a must.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are necessary for effective internal and external interactions.
- The ability to understand complex instructions and data processing applications is critical.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.