Director - Brand & Audience Strategy (Memphis, TN)
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
As the Director of Audience Strategy, you'll be at the helm of a dynamic team, responsible for translating research and data into actionable, long-term audience strategies. Your role is pivotal in driving awareness, recruitment, engagement, revenue, and retention. We need a leader who can influence across a matrixed organization, create engagement, and deliver results. If you're a strategic thinker with impeccable integrity and a passion for making a difference, we want you on our team.
1. Strategic Vision: Develop and communicate a compelling audience-centric vision that unites the entire organization towards common audience-related goals.
2. Audience Insights: Oversee the cultivation of audience, brand, and market insights through data and research analysis to inform strategies.
3. Goal Setting: Lead the development of strategic audience goals and collaborate with other teams to integrate audience strategies into the organization's plans.
4. Digital Expertise: Utilize extensive knowledge of audience-centered digital marketing and offline strategies to drive key business goals.
5. Continuous Improvement: Monitor and analyze the impact of strategies and tactics, using insights to enhance our approach continuously.
6. Centralized Governance: Establish a centralized forum for decision-making, handling both large and small changes efficiently.
7. Team Leadership: Coach, mentor, and lead your team, ensuring alignment with strategic plans and fostering high performance.
8. Representation: Represent the Sr. Director, Brand & Audience Strategy as needed, and effectively communicate leadership meeting outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of practical experience, including 3 years managing people or leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a financial institution at scale is strongly desired.
- Background in management consulting or as a business leader is preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Innovative mindset with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Experience with modern marketing efforts such as CDP, Actionable Profile, and Performance Marketing.
- Proven ability to drive change and work comfortably in ambiguous situations.
- Successful track record in recruiting, inspiring, and developing high-performing teams.
- Exceptional leadership, relationship-building, and influencing skills.
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization with a high degree of initiative and limited oversight.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex information and work asynchronously.
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.