Real Estate Manager (Memphis TN)
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Under supervision of the Director - Facility Operations, the Real Estate Manager will oversee corporate real estate activities including, but not limited to office space leasing, office space buildouts, capital project management, managing FF&E requests and installation at new office locations, manage 3rd party vendor services, utilize Tango real estate management software to manage activities, and other projects as assigned. Completes all task related to management of a single property or a portfolio of commercial, industrial, and office properties. Oversees property management activities of assigned properties. establishes and maintains strong and positive relationships with all stakeholders, property owners, brokers, vendors, and contractors. Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit, and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to stakeholders and department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Management of ALSAC’s corporate real estate activities. Assessing needs by scheduling and conducting real estate planning meetings.
2. Managing two real estate brokerage firms and assigning project task to each. The task includes, but are not limited to creating market study, conducting property tours, negotiating lease terms, drafting LOT (Letters of Terms), reviewing draft lease agreements, heat maps, cashflow statements, monthly reports, and other justification documents.
3. Completing monthly reports of completed transactions and negotiation status reports.
4. Complete all leasing activities per ALSAC standards outlined in its “Leased Office Space Guidelines”.
5. Ensure our assigned brokers and related vendors and contractor maintain compliance with “Leased Office Space Guidelines”.
6. Oversees property service contracts, contract expirations. (ADT, Mail Meters, Broker Agreements, Shred It, etc.)
7. Assists in preparation of accurate lease abstracts for submission into Tango. Process property related invoices for payment. Assists in preparation of periodic management reports for review and approval by Director and Senior Director. Assists in budget preparation for review and approval by Director and Senior Director.
8. Serves as liaison between ALSAC user groups and property owners and responds to user group and property owners in a timely manner per the lease obligations. Is the point of contact between landlord, leasing agents, office staff and all ALSAC internal team and stakeholders as related to corporate leasing activities.
9. Monitor and track work orders and other service requests to our landlords, lease expiration dates, renewal option dates, and ensures compliance with company “Leased Office Space Guidelines”.
10. Coordinates ordering, delivery, and installation of furniture with furniture vendor per established office space standards.
11. Establishes processes and controls to maintain accurate lease database files. Reviews and edits “Real Estate Narratives” which provides final justification of ALSAC’s real estate projects. Reviews monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports for accuracy within the given timeline.
12. Acts as point-of-contact with internal stakeholders for all related real estate and service needs. Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, property owners, and other internal stakeholders. Facilitates fast, accurate and efficient lease transactions and service responses.
13. May participate in the preparation and delivery of RFPs to property owners, and or, service providers. Communicates with internal stakeholders i.e., legal, ALSAC executive leadership team, landlords and property managers, as needed.
14. Develops and implements procedures and systems that continually improve and streamline lease operations and property management procedures.
15. Assist in management of contract and initial payment set up.
16. Supports other projects related to construction, leasing, property management, etc. as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree, from a four-year college or university, in Real Estate, Finance, or Accounting; minimum of 7-years commercial real estate experience (leasing, property management) required, or a minimum of 10-years commercial real estate work history in property management, leasing, or real estate accounting
• MBA, CCIM, CPM or equivalent preferred
• Strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite and other real estate management software is a plus
• Working knowledge of real estate software programs such as Tango, CMMS, Costar, STDB, etc.
• High level of experience abstracting contracts and lease agreements required
• Independent, self-starter, team player with high level of attention to detail
• Strong multi-tasking abilities, follow-up & follow-through capabilities and a successful history of meeting commitments & deadlines
• Ability to work well under pressure, outgoing personality, proven reliability and goal oriented
• Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written) and marketing skills
• Customer service oriented, proactive, organized and ability to prioritize
• Adapt to a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
• Willing to travel periodically and work flexible hours when needed.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.