Analyst - Accounts Payable
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for data entry of invoices into our accounts payable sub-ledger. In addition to being directly responsible for the processing and analyzing of daily incoming invoices, the position includes preparing payment runs, managing the AP mailbox, calculating Sales & Use tax and assisting with special projects and additional duties as needed. Establishes and maintains strong relationships and communication with both our internal and external contacts. Provides efficient, effective problem solving and resolution. Special projects and tasks will be required as needed such as monthly reconciliation of critical vendor’s accounts, conference calls with vendors regarding issues and weekly updates to management regarding AP status. Manages critical vendors with a high level of support and detail to ensure accounts are kept current.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Knowledgeable of all aspects of accounts payable
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining vendor data in Oracle
• Responsible for updating Oracle vendor database to correspond to vendor database maintained by our e-payable vendor, Comdata
• Communicates with vendors on outstanding issues and inquiries
• Works with the Accounts Payable peers to resolve outstanding items
• Ensures payments are processed correctly and within terms to meet discount terms
• Coordinates and initiates wire transfers and virtual card payments
• Reviews the A/P aging report and investigates and resolves outstanding items
• Responsible for reporting 1099’s and W-2G
• Avoid compliance-related penalties and ensure payment policies are met
• Reviews purchase order and non-purchase order invoices for appropriate approval, coding, documentation, etc. and entering the invoices into Oracle either by purchase order or non-purchase order standards.
• Reviews and addresses monthly vendor statements and receipt accruals for accuracy and resolve any outstanding discrepancies.
• Engages in active problem solving and process improvement efforts.
• Reviews coding of invoices for proper recording
• Establishes and maintain positive vendor relationships
• Collaborates with various departments to address and resolve accounts payable issues.
• At least 5 years of experience in accounts payable
• Experience with Oracle Accounts Payables
• Strong MS Excel skills
• High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.