Manager - IT Audit (Memphis, TN or Remote in U.S.A)
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
This position will be available for remote work (US based) for the right candidate.
Support the Audit Director in planning and executing a comprehensive Internal Audit function. Perform work in conformance with the International Professional Practices Framework promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Leverage IT technical and audit knowledge in order to provide recommendations to the Audit Director regarding:
a. the long-term and annual IT audit plan
b. the vision and implementation strategy for IA data analytics.
2. Manage and / or perform audits of highly complex networks, data structures, data flows, and systems. Responsible for the entire audit cycle of assigned projects including:
a. Gathering or documenting information, which may include process walkthroughs, narratives, and flowcharts
b. Performing risk assessments
c. Developing risk control metrics
d. Developing audit scope, objectives and detailed audit programs which achieve the objectives
e. Execute the audit program, including fieldwork which may include a variety of auditing techniques, detail testing of controls, substantive procedures, analytical procedures, inquiry, observation, inspection, re-performance, tracing, vouching and reconciliation.
f. Coordinating work with the audit client
g. Developing recommendations to address issues, and working to achieve audit client buy-in of the recommendations
h. Facilitates clear and effective communications throughout the audit project with the Audit Director, management, and audit clients
i. Clearly documenting work performed
j. Drafting formal reports and presentations with sufficient clarity, conciseness and accuracy
k. Plans and performs audit follow up activities.
Develop and execute complex data analysis routines and visualize the results of analytics, interpret the results of data analytics and train team members in data analysis techniques and tools.
4. Comprehends complex networks, data structures, data flows, and systems and is able to clearly communicate these concepts to the Audit Director and audit staff.
5. Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships, which may include communication, collaboration, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
6. Proactively stay abreast of best practices in industry and technical matters and apply as appropriate.
7. Seeks out effective training opportunities to improve skills and expertise.
8. Maintain a very high level of confidentiality.
9. Perform work in conformance with the International Professional Practices Framework promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge usually obtained with a Bachelor’s degree and 5 year’s work experience in IT auditing, information systems, information security, or data analytics
- CISA preferred or acquire within 2 years of employment date
- Detailed understanding of internal auditing concepts, approaches, tools and techniques, IT controls, and internal control concepts
- Basic understanding of information technology infrastructures, network operation environments, network components (e.g. firewalls, routers, servers), operating systems, relational databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle), complex data flows, systems, directory services, and business applications
- Basic knowledge of one or more data analysis tools (e.g. IDEA, ACL, SQL, R, Python, Tableau)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Travel up to 6 times per year or as needed to Memphis TN, ALSAC headquarters
- Master’s degree
- CPA, CIA, CISM, CRISC, or CISSP
- Working knowledge of the CobiT Framework, GAIT Principles, and / or COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework, ISO 27000 series, NIST, PCI DSS, NACHA
- Experience with TeamMate
- Advanced knowledge and experience in auditing, information technology, or data analytics
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.