Advisor - One Time Giving
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Responsible for creating, leading and advising strategic recommendations for direct response fundraising and awareness campaigns for both core Direct Marketing business and across the Enterprise. This role will lead the execution of each of these marketing activities meeting budget needs as outlined. Works with Direct Marketing leadership to develop, lead and manage projects to meet the goals and needs of department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Leads in managing, creating and executing large scale, multi-faceted Direct Marketing campaigns as part of a comprehensive, complex strategic plan to support department goals. This responsibility extends form concept through execution of both targeted, personalized to large scale mass mail programs across key audiences.
2. Independently responsible for serving as a subject matter expert on direct response strategies across the Enterprise to move forward ALSAC audience goals and priorities. Responsible for building and maintaining cross-divisional relationships by communicating effectively with peers, leadership and outside vendors as needed.
3. Works with Direct Marketing leadership to develop, lead and effectively manage internal Direct Marketing projects to meet audience priorities and goals including ad-hoc project management department needs.
4. Manage budget and projections associated with direct response strategies within Direct Marketing campaigns, while advising and meeting budget needs for Enterprise activations.
5. Responsible for using knowledge, data and audience goals to advise creation of new and innovative solutions to effectively impact the fundraising and awareness goal of ALSAC. Shares feedback on the methods, processes and tools to be used to foster improved campaign integration and innovative approaches in support of strategic goals and objectives.
6. Represents the DM One Time Giving team and Direct Marketing as a whole at high level meetings across the Enterprise as needed. Has the ability to prepare and present effectively to peers and across leadership levels. Supports the Direct Marketing One Time Giving leadership team as needed to manage demand and critical points across the team.
- Requires advanced experience in creating direct marketing strategies, experienced in thinking critically and identify solutions or opportunities.
- Strong understanding of data trends and strategy implications.
- Experienced in managing marketing strategies against budget projections, both revenue and expenses.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully.
- Self-motivated with strong intellectual curiosity, especially around problem solving for largest impact.
- Ability to communicate effectively to business partners, peers and leadership.
- Proven experience working with projects from inception to completion with excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate priorities and timeliness diplomatically.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Direct Response Marketing, Advertising or related field with 5-8 years of experience.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.