Web Software Engineer III (Memphis, TN or Coppell, TX)
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Use a high degree of concentration to provide technical leadership across an enterprise platform in order to insure effective design, development, integration, and deployment of ALSAC web applications. Provides leadership to support Web Software Engineer, QA, Media, and Product staff. Requires use of a personal computer.
2. Within an Agile work environment, provides leadership for the transformation of user stories into product structure and features/functionality that reflect appropriate software design with consideration for system inputs/outputs, processing logic, application interfaces, performance, security, and acceptance criteria.
3. Works effectively with IT, Product, and QA teams throughout coding, unit testing, integration testing, security testing, and load testing in order to support the continuous development/integration, deployment, and delivery of our applications.
4. Provides leadership for the integration of UI/UX technologies and mobile interfaces that produce rich user experiences.
5. Implements processes and utilities that support the continuous improvement/evolution of our department DevOps practices.
6. Participates in conceptualizing future products and exploration of emerging technologies.
7. Adept at operating within a high growth, fast paced environment with frequent priority shifts.
- Experience with third party databases, libraries, interfaces, and internet protocols;
- Understanding of Internet software engineering principles and techniques;
- ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues;
- knowledge of Internet hardware, software and firewall set up; understanding of multi-threaded programming, transaction isolation strategies, and deadlock avoidance;
- familiarity with caching strategies and J2EE framework challenges;
- familiarity with Content Management/Content Delivery, Social Media Integrations, and Digital Wallet/On-line Payment Technologies;
- ability to articulate both marketing and IT needs/issues to all groups; good knowledge of Digital Marketing techniques;
- ability to interact well with team members and business users; excellent project management skills; excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, engineering or mathematics and at least 8 years technical, analytical, systems and programming experience.
- A masters degree preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.