Sr IT Auditor (Memphis, TN or Remote in U.S.A)
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
The Sr. IT Auditor will assist Internal Audit Management in performing their duties of enhancing and protecting organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. Under general supervision, performs increasing complex IT audit assignments. Work collaboratively with Internal IT business partners in a consultative / coaching approach to evaluate and improve IT related controls, processes, and activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Initiates the planning process, coordinates information gathering meetings, and performs research for the related IT audit projects.
2. Proposes an IT audit plan (audit approach, audit objectives, and audit programs, including test plans) for approval by the IT Audit Manager.
3. Performs audits on time and in conformance with auditing standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors. Plans and performs audit follow up activities.
4. Under the direction of the IT Audit Manager, conducts test work and clearly documents and concludes on work performed.
5. Analyzes processes, risks, and controls. Documents work using narratives, flowcharts, and risk control matrices.
6. Drafts formal audit reports assuring sufficient clarity, conciseness, and grammatical and spelling accuracy.
7. Drafts presentations to the Board Audit Committee, management teams, and various committee members as requested.
8. Facilitates clear and effective communications with the IT Audit Manager and audit clients throughout the project.
9. Develops recommendations to address issues detected and sells recommendations to the audit client.
10. Clearly documents work performed and identifies weaknesses/issues.
11. Proactively researches business and control best practice concepts in order to apply in an audit as appropriate.
12. Maintains a very high level of confidentiality.
13. Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships, which may include communication, collaboration, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor required or must obtain within 1 year in the position.
- 3+ years of experience in IT internal auditing.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Additional certifications such as CIA, CPA, or CFE.
- Experience with audit management software (TeamMate), data analytics, and visualizations tools.
- Working knowledge of the COBIT Framework, GAIT Principles, and / or COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework, ISO 27000 series, NIST, PCI DSS, NACHA.
- Knowledge of non-profit industry including ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Knowledge of systems used at ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Proficient understanding of: Internal auditing concepts, approaches, tools and techniques, IT general controls (e.g., security, change management, disaster recovery & backup, infrastructure, etc.); Agile methodologies, cybersecurity, and cloud; network architecture; IT governance processes; IT risk management and assessment processes.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.