Web Software Engineer II
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Uses a high degree of concentration to provide technical leadership to our Web Software Engineer and Web Development Administrators staff, including recommending and implementing web policies; project management, operational procedures for developing specific web-based projects. Requires working in a various office environment under normal climate control tolerances
2. Provides project leadership to ensure project design and development is appropriately aligned with overall internet development strategies. Requires use of a personal computer.
3. Supports the development of applications and works effectively with business teams throughout coding, unit testing, integration testing, and load testing.
4. Plans and schedules all phases of Internet application development, as well as creating proposals, including methodology and time requirements for the completion of assignments.
5. Provides support for maintenance and continuous improvement of existing applications.
6. Incorporates and implements information on design "look and feel," as well as content from sales and marketing or outside design consultants for web site.
7. Adapts to operating within a high growth, fast paced environment with frequent priority shifts.
- Experience with third party databases, libraries, interfaces, and internet protocols; understanding of Internet software engineering principles and techniques;
- Proficiency with web servers, HTML authoring, web infrastructure; knowledge of Linux, Windows, Java, JDBC, Java Script, AJAX, CSS, JSP, PL/SQL, XML, UNIX-Shell Scripting, Apache, Oracle, Weblogic;
- Ability to trouble shoot and resolve technical issues; knowledge of Internet hardware, software and firewall set up;
- Ability to articulate both marketing and IT needs/issues to all groups;
- Knowledgeable of web technology skills; good knowledge of eBusiness, eCommerce, and eMarketing techniques;
- Ability to interact well with team members and business users; excellent project management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through a Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related field and 6 years of information technology experience, including worked with web-based applications. A masters degree and one year of supervisory experience preferred;
- Requires a valid driver's license.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.