Photographer II (Memphis, TN)
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Join ALSAC as a Photographer II, where your lens becomes a powerful tool to inspire change. Become part of our creative team and capture moments that illuminate our mission and resonate with hearts worldwide.
As Photographer II, you'll work under the direction of the Director of Photography and Visuals -- to bring our fundraising and awareness efforts to life. Through your creative eye and technical expertise, you'll contribute to presenting a positive image of St. Jude events, patients, families, and employees. Your role extends to serving as a vital member of the photography team, capturing, and editing ALSAC imagery that conveys our vision.
- Visual Narratives: Create captivating photography aligned with creative briefs, capturing a range of elements including events, studio shoots, speaking engagements, and architectural features. Collaborate with our internal creative and content teams to craft a diverse portfolio of photographic assets.
- Photography Expertise: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to meet photographic needs. Leverage your industry expertise and technical prowess to create imagery that captivates, informs, and aligns with our mission.
- Project Management: Keep precise logs of your work using our project management system. Follow departmental standards for archiving and tracking imagery.
- Ethical Lens: Uphold ALSAC policies, BBB standards, and legal requirements, including copyright/trademark and HIPAA. Obtain and record necessary legal releases.
- Resourceful Creativity: Provide strategic photography resources to match our organizational needs. Oversee workflow, scheduling, logistics, editing, archiving, and imagery distribution.
- Cultural Alignment: Demonstrate and support our core values and culture pillars. Communicate tactfully and collaborate effectively with diverse groups to foster an environment of trust.
- Collaborative Efforts: Collaborate with the St. Jude photography team to offer additional photographic support for St. Jude projects when needed.
- Branding Excellence: Ensure all photography aligns with St. Jude brand standards, reflecting our passion and commitment.
- Bachelor’s degree in photography or related field, with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Proven ability to develop compelling photography while managing multiple projects.
- Expert-level skill in photography fundamentals, lighting, retouching, and related technology.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Skilled in presentation software like Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to manage conflict professionally.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, meet deadlines, and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver's license and availability for extended, irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Benefits & Perks
The following Benefits & Perks apply to Full-Time Roles Only.
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.